August 10, 2009

Revisiting....

... old, well-loved books. Enjoyable, never-will-be-bored movies. Eateries/haunts where something new and delicious is always waiting to be discovered.
Why do I find myself reaching for a Nora Roberts or JRR Tolkien? Of late, where is this willingness to re-watch Star Wars, Transformers, Sex and the City, and many more cropping up from? Why when hubby wants to try out some new place, the first thing that pops in my mind is why not Out of the Blue, Cafe Basilico or Moshe's??
Do I need some comfort and soothing for unknown reasons? Or am I sub-consciously gearing up for change??

5 Comments:

Miss M said...

I am going through that phase too!
But it will prove to be a little expensive for me cos I feel like going to my old neighbourhood to have some delicious dahi vada.

But here I am, stuck in Australia. Gah! Oh and just a few days back I watched all three parts of the lord of the rings, one after another.

SMM said...

There are reasons why we have a few of our favourite places. Like when I visit Cal, I always try and make a trip to peter cat for sizzlers :)

Priyanka said...

@MissM: It seems this nostalgia bug is everywhere. Hmm... Dahi wada, huh? Mine, recently seems to be onion bhajjiyas :)

@SMM: I know the reason! To ensure guilt-free hogging!! ;) Will def look up peter cat when I am in cal..

Vineet said...

Strange everyone seems to be going thru this at about the same time. May be has something to do with age and phase of life? Watching the 20s slip away and hence an attempt to clutch to the past, the known, the familiar, the golden...

Mine has been somewhat juvenile - been wanting to go back to reading TinTin :) ... flashing back to my summer vacations in school, mangoes, tintin, sunday afternoon movies and such good things..

Miss M said...

no updates?? You vanished only!

Quotes

Still updating the blog theme. Will get down to the blogrolling and all soon.
 

A bit of this and that | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates